A bridal boudoir is meant to show your beauty, confidence, and strength as a woman. Not only will your groom love getting the photos as a wedding gift, but you’ll love looking at them too! If you’ve been dreaming of starring in your own sexy bridal boudoir photo session, I’ve got some hot tips to help you forget your fears and let your inner bombshell shine.
1. Find a boudoir photographer you feel comfortable with. Have a face-to-face consultation and try to communicate a bit with him or her so your photographer isn’t a “stranger” once you get in front of the camera.
2. Before the photo shoot, pamper yourself. Get your hair done, a manicure and pedicure, spritz yourself with your favorite perfume, and pick out which lingerie you want to wear during the shoot. You can also put together a mix of songs to listen to during the session to get you pumped up and feeling your best.
3. Eat breakfast the day of the shoot to avoid that I’m-about-to-pass-out feeling.
4. Arrive on time not to feel rushed – that flushed look will show up in the photos.
5. Bring a variety of lingerie, including camisoles, garters, corsets and vintage nightgowns.
6. Use your wedding day accessories. Your veil, jewelry, shoes, hair accessories, garter belt and any other bridal accessories will help set the scene. A strategically placed veil or sash creates a sultry bridal boudoir photo, while your wedding day shoes or jewelry will bring his thoughts to what you’ll look like on your big day.
7. Thigh high stockings. They are unbelievably sexy, and they are a must-have boudoir accessory if you’re wearing a panty set that comes with a garter belt. Even if you’re not wearing a garter belt, thigh high stockings are flattering because they lengthen and slim down your legs simultaneously.
8. Stiletto heels. There’s something about sky-high stiletto heels that turn even the most innocent outfits and poses into something sexy, and they also make your legs look longer. Make sure you bring a few different pairs in different colors.
9. Luxurious blankets and fabrics. You can wrap them around you or let them fall strategically in all the right places, revealing just the right amount of skin. This is a fun alternative to wearing lingerie since you can cover up as much or as little as you’d like.
10. Necklaces. Long necklaces, strands of pearls, statement necklaces – all of these fashionable accessories are also great additions to your boudoir outfits. Necklaces with longer chains are great to play with suggestively, such as with your teeth or fingers. They also highlight your cleavage and can be the focal point of interesting boudoir photos where the rest of your body is out of focus. We also love the idea of stacking lots of strands of pearl necklaces in varying lengths and pairing them with just a pair of panties!
11. Something of his. Whether it’s a team jersey, a button-down work shirt or just a plain white t-shirt, wearing something of his is a fun alternative to the traditional boudoir outfit of sexy lingerie.