- 90 Beautiful Summer Wedding Centerpieces
- 100 Amazing Summer Wedding Bouquets For Every Bride
- 59 Gorgeous Summer Wedding Shoes And Sandals
- 65 Bright Summer Wedding Table Settings
- 57 Awesome Summer Wedding Gowns
- 65 Cool Summer Wedding Favors
- 55 Yummy Summer Wedding Cakes
- 65 Summer Wedding Appetizers: Little Bites For Your Big Day
- 52 Great Outdoor Summer Wedding Ideas
- 44 Summer Wedding Escort Cards Ideas
- 43 Outdoor Summer Wedding Arches
- 45 Summer Wedding Nails Ideas
- 64 Summer Bridal Shower Ideas You’ll Love
- 52 Cute Summer Engagement Photos To Get Inspired
- 40 Stunning Summer Wedding Guest Outfits
- 52 Bright Summer Wedding Aisle Decor Ideas
- 68 Cool Summer Camp Wedding Ideas
- 78 Fabulous Summer Bridal Crowns To Get Inspired
- 84 Vivacious Summer Garden Wedding Ideas
- 48 Summer Bridesmaids Dresses That Excite
- 55 Relaxed Summer Woodland Wedding Ideas
- 32 Touching And Cute Summer Flower Girls Looks
- 90 Cheerful And Bright Sunflower Wedding Ideas
- 50 Stylish Summer Groom Looks That Inspire
- 60 Effortlessly Chic Summer Boho Wedding Ideas
- 33 Yummy Berry Cakes For Summer Weddings
- 14 Summer Wedding Makeup Tips And 31 Ideas
- 22 Outdoor Summer Wedding Tips And 68 Ideas
- Ultimate Summer Wedding Hair Guide: 9 Tips And Tricks
- 28 Lovely Summer Bridal Shower Outfits
- 31 Summer Wedding Stationary Ideas To Try
- 32 Refreshing Summer Wedding Desserts To Stay Cool
Sunny, summer weather sets the perfect backdrop for any wedding. However, an outdoor ceremony risks a makeup meltdown during this time of year. But your makeup should withstand not only heat but also tears, and anything else your wedding day throws at you. here are some face-saving tips and advice for summer brides.
1. If your skin is oily, hydrate it with an oil-free moisturizer. If it’s extra oily, skip the moisturizer and just dab a little eye lotion under your eyes. And if your skin is dry, moisturize as usual.
2. Opt for an oil-free primer before applying makeup. Primer helps your makeup wear longer, sit better, and hold up through any condition. If you use foundation, apply an oil-free formula with a foundation brush. After you’ve applied your liquid foundation, powder your face with a small brush.
3. Take caution with bronzers. Stay away from liquid or cream bronzers, as they will not hold up in the heat; try a matte powder instead.
1. If your lids are extra oily, apply a mattifying product first, then put your concealer on top. Finish it off with a dusting of powder.
2. When it comes to shadows, stay away from creamy formulas, which tend to oil up. For extra insurance, apply two layers.
3. As for liners, liquid liner is the best idea.
4. A waterproof mascara is a must for every bride, especially for a summer one.
1. If the heat hurts your makeup, blush will be one of the first things to go, so opt for a soft, powdery formula that will look fresh and absorb oil.
2. For more staying power, apply cheek stain, then dust a matching powder blush on top of it.
1. Start off by moisturizing your lips with balm so your pencil will glide along easily. Then take your lip pencil and color in your entire mouth – this will prevent your lipstick from bleeding and supply more holding power.
2. If you’re the type of person who can never keep her lipstick on, use a medium-toned concealer as a base before your lip pencil.
3. Once your pencil’s in place, apply your lipstick, then blot with a tissue. While the tissue is still pressed to your lips, brush some loose powder on top, then remove the tissue and make up your lips again to seal the deal.
4. The final step is adding a touch of gloss and applying lipstick sealer. Just one coat on your upper and lower lips will hold your color in place all day, or at least most of it.
One Last Thing
Pack an emergency kit, it should include a compact, a lipstick, powder-free blotting papers to shoo away shine, and a small tube of concealer with a tiny synthetic brush for quick touchups. Another idea is using a shine-removing sheet if you are starting to look shiny.