A lightweight ornamental mantilla veil came into use in the warmer regions of Spain towards the end of the 16th century, and ones made of lace became popular with women in the 17th and 18th centuries. Today a mantilla veil is really a sophisticated vintage-inspired accessory that makes a bride look timeless, exquisite and very feminine. But how is it better to wear it?
1. At the top of the head. It gives you a very traditional look with a low bun to match the look. Place the edge of your mantilla veil 2 inches back from the hairline, and voila!
2. At the crown of the head. You will look no less elegant and beautiful, but definitely more modern. This look works best with long flowing hair.
3. At the lower back of the head. This will certainly help you to create a renaissance look that is truly romantic. Be sure to place the comb above the hairstyle (like a lower bun or half up hairdos) and not underneath.
4. As a drop veil. Just make it knotted at the nape of necks.
5. Very far forward on the head, sometimes even across the brow.